Tuesday, August 16, 2011

SHOW UP, EVERY DAY




I Just finished watching Zombie girl on Netflix streaming. Watch it, it's good stuff.

A great takeaway from the documentary:

"You're not a filmmaker until you finish the film"

F*** the quality. F*** the doubt. F*** the possibilities of making it better. F*** the new and better ideas you have while your doubt is screaming at you to do something else....anything else. F*** it all.

Just make it. Set some constraints, and do it!

If this is something you will continue doing, you will get better, but, if you don't complete it, it's not art. It's not anything.

Now, I'm not saying leap blindly into a busy intersection. Use your wits, your human instincts to survive. Rely on those things, and just make the best s*** you can.

In summary:
Show up, every day.

1 comment:

Rey said...

Ah yes, this takes me back. I made a feature length zombie movie when I was 13 on super16mm. Hardest thing I've ever done in my life and also the worst movie I ever made.

Got kicked out of my first high school because of it, but we got all the footage in the can.