Wednesday, January 26, 2011

VOICES OF FUTURE'S PAST


When it comes to the dialogue for Fathoms I'm all business.

So I'm starting work on the storyboards and getting the dialogue locked and recorded.

I'm taking what I would consider the american approach, and recording dialogue first, making sure it works in the boardamatic, then building the animation roughly around those timings.

I'm going for what would probably be considered a hyper-realistic angle.

I imagine Fathoms as a stage play, with an emotional maturity that follows that line. I don't know that the end result will fall there, but that's something I keep deep in the recesses of my mind as a target to aim for.

I want this to feel involved, and authentic, messy and visceral - human.

Some people use the Japanese approach - fitting the voice to the animation after the fact. But I prefer to let the human expression dictate the pacing.

I'm very lucky to have two amazing actors filling the pants (or lungs) of Evan and Sam.
More soon!

No comments: